Monday, February 8, 2010

Whats Cooking??


I've always been a fan of granola, typically I would eat it with a nice tall glass of lactose free milk..or when Im feeling really adventurous..I'll use 2%. Since I was in the mood for a healthy snack I figured why not make my own , that lasts for days, and you can put anything you want in it...literally!!

Ingredients

Whole Grain Rolled Oats (quaker will do just fine)
Corn flakes( any cereal will do, it adds great texture)
Honey
Molasses
Cinnamon
Nut Meg (optional)
Any type of nuts( optional)
Dried fruit(optional) i.e dried cranberries, dried apples, dried mangoes..
wheat germ(optional) any fiber will do
1 teaspoon of oil( vegetable, or you can use butter)
Raw Sugar
Brown Sugar

Mix all of the ingredients together, depending on your preference you can add more honey if you prefer it more clumpy and chewy, or less if you prefer it drier. On a non stick pan spread your granola out evenly and place in the oven that has been preheated to 350 fahrenheit . Cook for at least 10-15 mins. If you add molasses your cook time will be a little shorter. Your granola should be a nice warm golden brown, do not over cook. I did not add the measurements for the ingredients because they are all preference related.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment